onsdag 3. oktober 2012

My Skappelgenser is done :)

So - I was lucky - because when I went to Jens Hoff - our local yarn store - and asked if they had the eluding Iris Alpaca yarn - which all of Norway is looking for to make the "original" Dorthe Skappel sweather - they said I could order it in white and they would have it the following week.

I think my jaw might have dropped a couple of inches - because nowhere in Norway is any store making such promises nowadays - the yarn is SO popular that it is sold out even from the producers in Peru LOL

However, true to word, one week later the yarn arrived, and I bought that and 7 skeins of Du store alpakka Tynn Alpakka (thin alpaca) - also in white - and set off home to start knitting the fairytale sweater that had gotten so popular this summer and fall.

And - tada - it is DONE - and it is pretty fabulous, I must say - it is just what I expected - completely oversized and super fluffy - and it was very expensive (just the yarn was about USD 140 plus I spent weeks knitting it).

But it is yummy and I wear it all the time - I get the chills easily nowadays (since I am so skinny now LOL) so it is amazing to wrap myself in this great ball of sheep and just enjoy the warmth of it :) The pictures are in our back yard with my Chihuahua and I - and a cashmere scarf from Ann Taylor that I got for Christmas a few years back from my mom - LOVE IT! The pictures are modified with Instagram.







1 kommentar:

  1. Så deilig den så ut! Du er virkelig produktiv for tiden! :) :)
    Tror jeg hadde slitt med å fullføre et så stort prosjekt, men det er kanskje overkommelig siden den er populær... Hvilke pinner brukte du?

    Klem fra Kristin

    SvarSlett