fredag 26. april 2013

Our fourth child was born on April 18th 2013

His name is Cornelious and he is perfect!

He weighed 4500 grams (9.8 pounds) and was 53 cm long - just perfect.
The birth was traumatic for me - I have never made any claims to being unafraid of giving birth - on the contrary - I am scared to death of the pain associated with it. After three births, I knew what I was going to - I thought.

Only this was worse than any other time.

The pain was excruciating.

He started to push himself out when I only had a 4 cm opening and he was out after 10 minutes (of pure torture and hell) and had I not already decided that this was my last child, this would have made my choice easy.

The worse part though was him not breathing or moving or having any color at all once he actually joined us in the real world - he was just lying there still, not moving, with four midwives and a doctor trying to wake him up.

It took three minutes before I heard the cries from him, and it was another half hour before he stopped that crying - my poor little boy.

But did I mention that he was perfectly beautiful? And that he looks exactly like his siblings when they were born?

Let me share some professional photos that were taken of him at five days by Linda Kristiansen Photography here in Trondheim!







0 kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar