lørdag 22. september 2012

2 half marathons have been finished now - my 3rd and 4th in my life!

So - I realize - most dont actually understand how fat I used to be and I dont really want to rip up in those pictures but I might just have to share one or two from my hay days of no-exercise and lotsa food period! This all ended in January of 2010 - when our au pair Hoan took a lot of non-flattering pictures of me over Christmas and I suddenly realized for the first time that I was fat.

At that point, I was 89 kg/196 pounds - and I am only 162 cm/5.3 feet -- with a resulting BMI of 34 - so grossly overweight.







But enough about my obese life period that lasten until 2011 - I took charge and decided to change my life, and in November 2011 I ran my first half marathon in Santa Barbara, California



and in March 2012 I ran my second half marathon - with my 11 year old son William - in Hollywood, California. 

Then on September 1st, I ran Trondheim half marthon (which was hell, btw, with two identical loops instead of just one long run) with my friend Kristin!



And finally, on September 22nd, I ran Oslo Half Marathon!


Am I happy now? Am I healthy enough? By no means - I still weigh 68 kg/149 pounds which is a BMI of 26 - and I need to be 65 kg/143 pounds to be at the high end of the "normal" scale. My goal is to end up around 60 kg/132 pounds which is right at 23 in BMI and in the mid range of "normal". Weight focus? Maybe - but that is the result of my fight to loose the weight over the past two years.

1 kommentar:

  1. I am so proud of you! I am getting old! But I do not want to be a sick old lady - I certainly do not want to use OLD as an excuse to my sickness! Accidents happen - but I do not want to eat myself to sickness and disease! You have knowledge and the willpower anyone will envy you! And the change in your lifestyle is amazing! You look beautiful - and I love you so much!

    SvarSlett