mandag 2. juli 2012

Summer Reading 2012 - A Song of Fire and Ice

So - I decided to join the masses and read Game of Thrones - I had purchased in on Kindle ages ago but never got into in. One day, I realized, however, that the book was now an HBO hit (and judging from other HBO hits I love love love - such as True Blood and Sons of Anarchy - I decided I would have to read that book).

Only it turns out it is NOT just A book - it is a whole gang of books - originally meant to only be a trilogy (Lord of the Rings anyone?)...

This is sort of what has been the main focus so far - and what appears to be the main focus for the last six books too:

Three stories become interwoven: the chronicling of a dynastic war for control of Westeros by several families; the rising threat of the dormant cold supernatural Others dwelling beyond an immense wall of ice on Westeros' northern border; and the ambition of Daenerys Targaryen, the exiled daughter of a king murdered in a civil war shortly before her birth, to return to Westeros with her fire-breathing dragons and claim her rightful throne.
So far I have only just started book nr 3 - and they are pretty adictive I must say - I am unfortunatly spending too much time reading - I just cant seem to let the books down! Get them at iBooks or Kindle (or Amazon.com I guess - http://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-Song-Fire-Book/dp/0553573403).

0 kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar